How to Order a Repeat Prescription
Patient Services is available to ALL our registered patients. Once registered, you can order your repeat prescription online.
To register for this service, please click here.
Submitting your repeat prescription request
You have several ways to submit your request:
- Due to the volume of requests and stock availability, please ensure you allow 7 days for us to process your request.
- Online at patient-services.co.uk. If you are unable to see a medication on your regular repeat it needs to be re-authorised, or you need to make an appointment at the surgery.
- Bring your repeat request into the surgery. You can post it in the dedicated red lockable box just outside the entrance.
- Fax your request to the surgery on 01580 715537.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not accept your prescription request over the telephone.
Processing your request
- The Dispenser regularly collects the repeat requests and generates the repeat prescription for the GP to authorise.
- A prescription can only be generated if there are enough reissues remaining or if it is a regular medication.
The repeat request form indicates how many prescriptions you can order before you need to come in for a medication review or have it re-authorised. Your request cannot be processed if you need to see the Nurse or GP for a medication review
- Any request that needs re-authorisation or is not on repeat must be approved by the GP.
- Some medications may only be prescribed and issued for 6 months before a medication review with the GP or Nurse is required.
- Queries and prescriptions are dealt with by the GP after morning surgery. Not all queries will be dealt with on the day they come in depending on the nature and volume received.
- Requests received later in the day may not be generated or authorised until the following day. Anything requested after Friday afternoon will not be processed until Monday.
Dispensing your prescription
If you live more than 1 mile (as the crow flies) from a chemist, we are able to dispense the medicine from the surgery itself.
The GPs, receptionists and dispensing team are proud to be able to offer this highly personalised service to our dispensing patients.
- Once the prescription has been authorised the dispenser can order the medications and dispense them. We receive two deliveries a day as many items are ordered on demand.
- Occasionally we may not be able to fulfil all of your request in one go. An "owing slip" will be issued to give you an indication of when the balance can be collected.
- Items which have not been collected within two weeks will be returned to the shelves.
- Lloyds Pharmacy collect authorised prescriptions from the surgery after 3pm on a daily basis for dispensing from their Cranbrook branch.
Our doctors issue about 3,500 prescriptions each month. Roughly half of these are dispensed from the surgery. As there is a high demand for repeat prescriptions please allow sufficient time for your request to be processed.
- Medication that is not needed should be taken to your nearest community chemist and not returned to the surgery.
- If you have any side effects from medication please let your Dr know. You can also use this link to alert the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency [MHRA].
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.