Health Advice For Young People
Your wellbeing matters to us
Health For Teens offers everything you want to know about health including:
- Anxiety: ways to deal with your worries
- Immunisation: answers to questions you might have about your immunisations
- Nutrition and Diet: what you need to put in to get the most out
- Friendships: are you worried about a friend or do you have trouble making friends?
- Sexually Transmitted Infections: just the facts
- Online Safety: tips for life online
For more information go to Health for Teens
Shout for support in a crisis
In a crisis? Anxious? Worried? Stressed?
Get 24/7 help from the team of Crisis Volunteers at Give Us A Shout
Your Local Community
Wellbeing in the Weald
Wellbeing is not just about eating well and doing exercise. Wellbeing is more to do with feeling good about ourselves, getting the most out of our lives and feeling connected to other people. It enables us to cope when life gets tough or when our health suffers. For more information please visit the Wellbeing In The Weald website
- Together All: This is a digital mental health support service which is available online, 24/7. It is completely anonymous so you are able to express yourself freely and openly. It provides tailored self-help programmes covering topics such as depression and anxiety.
- Calm Harm: This is an award-winning app developed for teenage mental health. It uses the basic principles of dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT), which is an evidence-based therapy. The app provides tasks to help you resist or manage the urge to self-harm.
- Headspace: This is a site which uses meditation and mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and help relieve anxiety.
- Kids Sleep Dr: The app helps parents understand and improve the sleeping and waking patterns of children and young people from newborns, right through to teenagers.
- Kooth: Provides free, safe and anonymous online support for young people. Resources include being able to chat to counsellors and read articles written by other young people.
- Live Well Kent: Offers advice around improving mental and physical well being. Provides useful contact numbers if you are in emotional distress and require urgent support
- Mind: Valuable resource that provides advice, support and information on an extensive set of topics from sleep problems to suicidal thoughts.
- Minded: Free educational resource on children and young peoples’ mental health for parents and carers.
- Mind Fresh: A website that provides information, support and advice. If you enter your postcode, it will show you resources that are located within a 5-mile radius, as well as those located nationwide.
- The Mix: Provides support and information for the under 25’s on a range of topics including, mental health, substances, your body, relationships and others. Also has a free phone number: 0808 808 4994.
- Wysa App: A virtual coach that can help manage emotions and thoughts. It uses evidence-based cognitive behavioural techniques (CBT) among others, to help build resilience and move forward.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.