This website is run by Orchard End Surgery
We want as many people as possible to be able to use our website, and we have designed it to be accessible.
How you can use this website
On this website, you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels, and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% with text staying visible on the screen, and most images scaling without resolution loss
- navigate most of the website using a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- read most of the website using a screen reader, including the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver
- read most of the website on devices without a screen, like a braille computer
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
Some of our content is technical, and we use technical terms where there is no easier wording we could use without changing what the text means.
If you have a disability then AbilityNet has advice to help you make your device easier to use.
How accessible this website is
All of the pages within the website aim to conform to the Accessibility standards which are set out by the World-Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and other accessibility guidance. This website is tested against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone. We designed all pages of this website to be fully accessible with the standards and encompass all disabilities that affect access to the website.
How to get information in an accessible format
If you have problems accessing information on this website, or would like any of our work in a different format like a more accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording, or braille:
- Telephone: 01580 713622
We'll consider your request, and get back to you within 30 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of the website.
If you find any problems which aren't listed on this page, or think that we're not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations then please contact our practice manager by telephone
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our surgery has audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Orchard End Surgery is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We continually monitor the accessibility compliance of our site and any updates made we follow strict WCAG 2.1 (AA) guidelines criteria.
We have now integrated a new Accessibility Widget called UserWay. You can read more about this below
Userway Accessibility Widget
The UserWay Accessibility Widget offers a broad selection of functions that patients can use to meet their individual accessibility needs.
Userway provides the following accessibility functionality:
- Keyboard Navigation
- Screen Reader
- Inrease Text Size
- Stop Animations
- Convert to Accessible Fonts
- Highlight Links
- Larger Cusor
- Reading Guide
- Dark Mode
- Light Mode
- Invert Colours
- Text Spacing
- Colour Desaturation
- Reveal Page Structure
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
This website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies;
- NVDA with Internet Explorer
- NVDA with Google Chrome
- NVDA with Firefox
- NVDA with Edge
- NVDA with Safari
- JAWS with Internet Explorer
- JAWS with Google Chrome
- JAWS with Firefox
- JAWS with Edge
- JAWS with Safari
How our site looks and works is based on HTML5, CSS3 and we test for and support the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (versions in support)
- Mozilla Firefox (versions in support)
- Internet Explorer (version 11 and above)
- Microsoft Edge (versions in support)
- Apple Safari (versions in support)
How we test this website
We conduct internal testing against known accessibility issues which are not able to be found through automated testing, on a sampled basis.
This statement was prepared on 18th May 2022. It was last reviewed on 18th May 2022 by Tree View Designs Ltd. We tested the home page and 10 random pages. Next review due 18th May 2023 to be carried out by Tree View Designs Ltd
Accessible features we test manually
- colour contrast, which is done at the design stage by using tools to check we meet the AAA standard of a contrast ratio of 4.5:1
- manual check against the W3C validator
- ensuring that page elements render correctly at all sizes, including when zoomed to 500%
- examining microdata markup and alt text using special tools
- checking content in a text-only browser
- using screen readers to read text aloud
- using disability simulation tools to browse the website
Accessible features we test using third party tools
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.